Monday, May 13, 2013

Relief and Suffering

Well it's over, for now. My bits are not happy and in full panic mode and my guts are achey and uncooperative, but at least it's not going to get any worse.

I had another attack of the killer knee pain, this time probably because I was trying to get off the fortecortin for good. It took 1800mg of ibuprofen plus 200mg of Tramal (synthetic opiate) over the course of about 3 hours to get it to go away. But that did it and I fell back asleep at about 7:30am, after Joshua had gone out for cash and prepared to get me to the hospital. Great way to spend a Saturday morning. We both slept until about 11am after that, and I spent the entire day in bed, mostly sleeping. Sunday wasn't very different in terms of time in bed, but I didn't have any more pain. My face is returning to it's normal shape. Boy was I puffy for a while there.

Today we made it to the hospital for my final blood draw and then we did a second errand (!) and went to my gynecologist's office and got me my prescriptions for the next couple of weeks. Big day.

We're trying to wrap things up here in Berlin because next weekend we're escaping to the French countryside where our generous and loving friends are going to take us in and let us recuperate in their hammock. Some time in the quiet green of rural SW France with friends and a happy baby is just what the patient needs and we are so grateful to be able to go. Night train to paradise for two, please.

In about a month we have to see all the doctors again, so we'll be in Berlin again for the first couple of weeks of June. Once that's dealt with we're going to spend a few days in the German countryside with our good friends whose farm we sat last summer. Some time with goats and both kinds of kids running around, not to mention farm fresh veggies and eggs... mmmm. And then it's off to Zurich for a two month house sit in one of our favorite places.

So many wonderful things to look forward to. I can't wait to have the energy to enjoy it all. Soon... I'm gonna feel better soon.


An aside, this clip really speaks to me but I'd be hard pressed to tell you exactly why. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. But it made me laugh and feel right.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you're finished with your treatment for now, and that you have a wonderful summer planned! Relaxing in the French countryside with loving friends sounds heavenly. Y'all deserve it!

    ReplyDelete