Friday, April 26, 2013

home stretch





I can hardly believe it myself, but this is almost over. And last week this view was all grey! Spring, final chemo, etc... big relief.

Another source of relief, for Joshua as well as me, has been the presence of my dad this week. A bit of fresh energy and a pair of free hands goes a long way around here.

Over the next week and a half I get radiation and the CyberKnife radiation boost. I want to tell them that they already got all the cancer cells, but that is not really my job. I will say this, though: never chemo ever again.

Never say never? Whatever. Never, never, ever again never.

I felt great when I was diagnosed, you know? Healthy, happy, energetic, and in control. And the treatment made me so ill... it is the best of what we know is most likely to work. But not for much longer. I'm looking at you protein geneticists who are learning to turn off the cell mutations that allow cancer cells to get away with anything.

And now I'm tired again. Breakfast should be here just in time for my first nap of the day.

Love, from the folding bed.


- posted using tiny keyboard

1 comment:

  1. Nobody ever said of chemo and radiation, "Gee, it was not as bad as I thought it would be"

    Hang in there kid.

    CC

    ReplyDelete