Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Another Good News Update



Yet another set of biopsies has come and gone and I'm still given the all-clear. In fact, the next steps are to get me pregnant, if that's even possible. It still feels so soon. It hasn't been a year since my last treatment of any kind. Rushing it feels like a bad idea. But I haven't had my period in over a year, so hormone therapy is on the horizon anyway. And the fertility doctor happens to be on vacation when I'm next in Berlin (for biopsies) - sigh. It could take some time for my body to get back to something like normal, and then it's maybe, kind of possible that I could get pregnant. But it seems like a long shot, no matter how you slice it. I'm better adjusted to the prospect than I was a year ago, but it's still heartbreaking.

I've kind of got the edema under control. Edema is the last thing side effect remaining. I've found that the biggest trouble-makers are nights when I don't stay in bed for at least 8 hours (and preferably 9 or even 10) and hot showers. Ugh. I love hot showers. But I can count on them to make the edema flair up so I have to kind of take it easy. I wear compression stockings every day and I'm still having weekly lymph drainage physical therapy massage, which is very nice and I think it really helps. After a couple more sessions I'm taking a break for a few months to see how I do.

Spring feels good.

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! I am so happy for this news... I feel like one big exhale when we hear of yet another positive test result. I can only imagine what it is like for you... I love to hear about the weekly lymph drainage physical therapy massage. I can't help but wonder if that kind of treatment would be encouraged here in the U.S. The rest is all up to your body and when it returns to it's usual paths. I suppose life is all about paths, what path our minds take, what path our legs take. Internally your body needs to find it's inner path which I believe it will since you are young, in tune and mindful of your body and thankfully a happy generous person. Your body will respond eventually. I'm so happy for both of you and the things in store both you and Joshua. Love to you both, Mom and Ike

    ReplyDelete